The NEW Fostex CR500 is a next-generation CD recorder which offers pro-quality advanced features both as a master recorder and as a playback machine, yet will be available at a surprisingly low cost.
On the master recorder side, CR500 offers the world-first direct BWF recording onto UDF formatted CD at up to 24bit/96kHz resolution. The file is fully compatible with PC workstations with data transfer a simple 'copy & paste' procedure instead of real-time audio ripping. In addition,the CR500 is ideal for DAT archiving in the standard16bit/48kHz format.
On the playback side, it offers many useful func-tions such as Instant Play, Fader Start, built-in memory for cue point and program play per each disk (up to 100 disks), etc. for versatile applications such as event playback, stage playback as well as broadcast playback.
- CD-DA and BWF(stereo poly-file)* (on UDF) file format recording.
- Complies to CD-DA, ISO9660 (playback only) and UDF (v1.02) disk format
- AES/EBU or S/PDIF digital I/O
- Analog XLR (+4dBu/-10dBV selectable) and unbalanced RCA I/O
- Fader Start function for broadcast use
- Instant Play for event applications
- USB port on the front panel for connecting an off-the-shelf USB keyboard for file name editing & simple transport controlling.
- Program play up to 99 songs per disc
- 10 memory points per disc
- Internal memory for up to 100 discs programs & memories
- Power On Play functions good for event & installation applications
- Rotary encoder for quick access to the setup menu
- Direct track selection by 10 key
- Track number increment during recording* (with V1.10 onwards)
* 100 mSec of audio mute created on the increment point.
*UDF formatted disc can be recognized only on Windows XP, not on Mac OS because of the different writing method on UDF formatted CD