Mackie HD1221 12inch 2-Way High Definition Powered Loudspeaker
Never before has there been such a perfect blend of power, portability and professional sound. The HD1221 2-Way High-Definition Powered Loudspeaker delivers class-leading power, unmatched clarity and extreme flexibility in a design that looks as good as it sounds. Class-D Fast RecoveryT amplification produces 1200W of peak system power. High-Definition Audio Processing incorporates next-generation Mackie Active electronics and re-defines powered loudspeakers by implementing Mackie's patented acoustic correction processing for an experience that is unrivaled in the world of portable powered PA systems. The flexible design lets you stack it, pole-mount it, fly it or even use it as a premium stage monitor. The world of live sound can be complicated...at least your loudspeaker choice is an easy one.
This potent bi-amplified system is extremely compact (even smaller than the legendary SRM450), but still very powerful, providing a beefy 500W RMS low-frequency amplifier and a 100W RMS high-frequency amplifier that, when combined, can deliver a max SPL up to 133 dB (calculated, measured maximum SPL of 124 dB). There is a lot of debate regarding SPL measurements, and what you see on paper doesn't always tell the whole story. To forever eliminate confusion and prove that Mackie is dedicated to providing real, testable specs, we have worked up a handy (and somewhat nerdy) guide to the shady world of SPL measurements: Will the Real Maximum SPL Please Stand Up?. Measurements and calculators aside, it only takes one listen to know that the HD1221 delivers more bang for your buck that any other ultra-portable 12" 2-way loudspeaker out there.
The HD1221 incorporates the latest in Class-D amplifier technology to deliver a chest-pounding 1200W of peak system power. Both internal amps are designed using Mackie's legendary Fast RecoveryT circuitry. Other amplifiers can "latch" when pushed to clipping, leading to distorted audio, but Fast RecoveryT amplification reacts instantly to the occasional aggressive transient, drastically reducing the time it takes for the amp to recover, ensuring clean audio under the most demanding of situations.
- 1200W of ultra-efficient Class-D Fast RecoveryT amplification
- LF 500W RMS / 1000W peak
- HF 100W RMS / 200W peak
- High-definition digital processing includes :
- Revolutionary patented acoustic correction
- Transducer time alignment and phase correction
- Precision 2-way crossover
- Custom designed transducers by EAWr
- 12" neodymium woofer with 3" voice coil
- 1.75" compression driver with heat-treated titanium diaphragm
- Custom designed user-rotatable 90 x 50 horn by Martin Audio®
- 60 degree monitor angle for maximum coverage on stage
- Three user-selectable voicing modes for easy system tuning
- Ultra-compact and lightweight (50 lb / 22.7 kg)
- Integrated limiting and protection circuitry
- Rugged all wood cabinet (15mm birch)
- 12 integrated fly points for horizontal and vertical rigging
- Stand / pole mountable