AJA Video IO HD Media Converter
Io HD is the only device in the world that supports Apple's ProRes 422 codec in hardware, enabling true 10-bit video editing on a MacPro desktop or a MacBook Pro laptop. With this high performance hardware and
innovative codec from Apple, you can work anywhere in SD or HD -all in full-raster 10-bit 4:2:2 quality.
HD...anywhere you want it.
AJA's Io HD is the latest in the award-winning Io family of products-an effortless to use, transportable plug-in
solution for working with HD and SD in Final Cut Studio 2. With a single FireWire 800 connection, Io HD uniquely supports the amazing new Apple ProRes 422 Codec natively, in hardware, to bring production-quality HD editing to the Mac Pro desktop and even the MacBook Pro laptop!
Like other members of the Io family, Io HD offers
unparalleled video and audio connectivity. Within its
portable and ruggedly cool form factor, Io HD offers SD/HD analog I/O, SD/HD digital I/O including HD-SDI and HDMI, Balanced analog and digital AES audio, as well as RS-422, Genlock, and even LTC timecode connections. Io HD also includes AJA's realtime hardware 10-bit up/down/cross conversion.
Io Flexibility with KONA-level Power
- Apple ProRes 422 and Apple ProRes 422 HQ Codec-SD, HD 720/1080, full-raster 10 bit 4:2:2, realtime, in hardware
- Up/down/cross-conversion, 10-bit, realtime, in hardware
- All Video Outputs are Simultaneously Active
- SD-SDI and HD-SDI I/O (2)
- Component I/O (SD and HD)
- Composite and S-video I/O
- HDMI video w/2-channel audio I/O
- Embedded SDI 8-channel audio I/O
- AES/EBU 8-channel unbalanced audio I/O
- Analog 4-channel balanced audio I/O (XLR)
- Analog 2-channel unbalanced audio output (RCA)
- Genlock with loopthrough
- RS-422 machine control
- LTC Timecode I/O
- Connects to Mac via a single FireWire 800 cable
- For Apple Final Cut Studio 2 on Mac OS X
- 3-year International Warranty
Io HD is a versatile powerhouse, bringing features
pioneered on AJA's industry-leading KONA lineup such
as 10-bit hardware-based up-conversion, crossconversion, and down-conversion-all performed in
realtime. Just tap into its flexibility, and you can configure a Mac as a professional HD or SD editing
suite, or high-powered field-editing system and just
about anything in-between. Both analog and digital
ports are offered, allowing connection to virtually every
kind of video/audio peripheral - from the most current
HD digital decks to analog legacy devices.
Io HD Software
Io HD runs on a new AJA-built driver, similar to the KONA driver, which brings features such as Core
Audio and very low latency capture and playback.
The Io HD driver also provides RGB support, allowing
for the direct video output of applications such as
Adobe After Effects, Autodesk Combustion and
Apple Motion. Co-developed with Apple for use with
Final Cut Studio 2, Io HD delivers powerful audio/video
capture, editing and post-production capabilities- all
in a single, integrated system.