10-bit HD over FireWire
AJA's Io HD is an easy to use, transportable, plug-in solution for working with HD and SD in Final Cut Studio 2 or newer. Connecting to a Mac Pro or MacBook Pro with a single FireWire 800 connection, Io HD uniquely supports the amazing new Apple ProRes 422 Codecs natively, in hardware, to bring production-quality HD editing to the desktop. Io HD is the only device in the world that supports Apple's ProRes 422 in hardware, enabling true 10-bit video editing in Final Cut Studio 2-all in full-raster and at 4:2:2 quality. Like other members of the Io family, Io HD offers unparalleled video and audio connectivity. Within its portable and rugged form factor, Io HD offers SD/HD analog I/O, SD/HD digital I/O including HD-SDI and HDMI, balanced analog and digital AES audio, as well as RS-422, genlock, and even LTC timecode connections. Io HD also includes AJA's realtime hardware 10-bit up/down/cross conversion. Io HD allows a Mac Pro or MacBook Pro to be configured as a professional editing suite, corporate/industrial video center, or high-powered desktop video setup-or just about anything in between. Both analog and digital sources are offered, allowing connection to just about every kind of video/audio peripheral from the most current digital decks to older legacy devices.
The IoHD FireWire-800 Analog/Digital Capture Device from AJA is an external video capture device that is designed for use with Apple's Final Cut Studio 2/3 editing suite (or newer). The device connects to a computer via FireWire-800. It features a portable form factor with handle that makes it ideally suited for field editing of HD footage using a MacBook Pro.
The IoHD has input and output support for HDMI, SD-SDI, HD-SDI, composite, component and S-Video signals. It supports up to eight channels of embedded SDI audio and also features connections for AES/EBU 8-channel unbalanced audio and 4-channel balanced audio. The device is compatible with 10-bit 4:2:2 video, making it an ideal companion for an HD video camera.Specifications:
- Type: External FireWire-800 Capture Device.
- Compatible with: Final Cut Studio 2, Final Cut Studio 3 v7.0.1 or newer, Adobe After Effects, Autodesk Combustion.
- Video System: NTSC, NTSCJ, PAL.
- Video Formats: SD, HD.
- Audio Formats: SDI Embedded, AES, HDMI Stereo, 24-bit Balanced.
- Host Connection: FireWire-800.
- Input: 2x BNC for SDI; 3x BNC for Component; 1x S-Video; 1x BNC for CVNS/Composite; 1x HDMI; 4x BNC for AES; 4x XLR for Balanced Audio; 1x BNC for Genlock; 1x BNC for LTC.
- Output: 2x BNC for SDI; 3x BNC for Component; 1x S-Video; 1x BNC for CVNS/Composite;1x HDMI; 4x BNC for AES; 4x XLR for Balanced Audio; 2x RCA for Unbalanced Audio Monitoring; 1x BNC for Genlock; 1x BNC for LTC.
- Control: 1x RS-422 for Deck Control; 1x 9-Pin FireWire-800 for Host Connection.
- Real-Time Output: Yes.
- Real-Time Layers: None.
- Hardware Real-Time Effects: None.
- WYSIWYG Support: None.
- Agency Certifications: None.
- System Requirements: Computer: Mac with FireWire-800;Software: Final Cut Studio 2 or Final Cut Studio 3 v7.0.1 (or newer).
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 8.2 x 4.8 x 12" (20.8 x 12.2 x 30.5 cm).
- Weight: 9.5 lbs (4.3 kg).
- FireWire-800 Cable
- Aja IoHD Driver Software
- AC Power Adapter
- 3-Year Limited Warranty