If you're looking for incredible HDMI and analog component, NTSC, PAL and S-Video capture and playback then the new Intensity Pro card is perfect! Intensity features the latest HDMI technology for the highest quality capture and playback on Windows or Mac OS X computers. Now you can edit using big-screen HDMI televisions and video projectors, or capture uncompressed quality from HDV cameras.
True HDMI Digital Connections
Intensity features HDMI-in for connecting to cameras and digital set-top boxes for the highest quality capture. Get higher quality capture from HD cameras by capturing direct and bypassing the HDV compression chip, for high quality video, captured direct from the image sensor. As edit software cannot play back to HDV cameras for monitoring, Intensity is ideal to use for monitoring uncompressed HD or HDV and even DV edits on the latest big screen televisions and video projectors by connecting to the built in HDMI-out. A breakout cable is included.
Go Beyond HDV Video Quality
HDV video compression suffers from not being full 1920 HD resolution, and the extra processing required makes editing difficult. With Intensity, you can now capture and play back full resolution HDTV uncompressed video, for true broadcast and feature film quality editing. Totally eliminate HDV & DV compression quality problems, and render much cleaner graphics while retaining deeper color and image detail. If you need lower data rate editing, you can also select from a range of professional compressed video capture modes. Intensity includes the same Blackmagic Design video technology used on Hollywood feature films - so quality won't limit your creativity.
Windows and Mac OS X Compatible
Plug into Windows or Mac OS X computers with the same card, and use your favorite software, including Apple Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Photoshop, eyeon Fusion and many more. Intensity is fully DirectShow and QuickTime compatible, which adds HDMI capture and playback ability to your computer. DirectShow and QuickTime allows Intensity to work with a wide range of software for editing, design and paint, through to the exciting video utility software that allows custom desktop based video solutions. Also included is Blackmagic Media Express for easy capture and playback of real time HD and SD video.
Professional Video Standards
Instantly switch between HD and SD video standards including HDTV 1080i/59.94, 1080i/50, 720p/59.94, 720p/50, NTSC and PAL. Intensity allows capture in professional file formats which are fully compatible with Blackmagic Design's DeckLink and Multibridge capture cards, so you can deliver finished television programs, music videos and other work at broadcast standards.
Intensity is an ideal companion for most video editing software. Mac OS X compatible software includes Final Cut Pro, After Effects, Photoshop, Shake, Motion, iDVD, DVD Studio Pro, Cleaner and many more. Windows compatible software includes Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop, Encore DVD and many more.
True 64 Bit PCI Express
Break the 2GB memory limit and add as much RAM to your system as you need so your favorite video software renders faster and takes advantage of the latest high speed computers. Blackmagic Design features true 64 bit PCI Express so you're getting the latest technology.
Unlike analog connections, HDMI is the new digital standard appearing in the latest cameras, televisions and video projectors. HDMI is fully digital and has no video compression, so it doesn't suffer from any image degradation. Unlike DV and HDV FireWire based video standards, HDMI allows deeper bit depths, and full color resolution, eliminating banding and contouring problems in high quality video. HDMI is found on the latest HD cameras such as the Sony HDR-HC3 o
r Panasonic HDC-SD1.
Blackmagic has been working with Hollywood editors and producers for years. So when it came to recreating the Manhattan skyline for Scorsese's motion picture The Aviator, visual effects company DNA turned to Blackmagic. Read more about Blackmagic's world class quality and why Blackmagic is used by the film industry's elite.
Accurate AV SyncSpecifications:
Editing systems based on Final Cut Pro or Premiere Pro are built for professionals. Editors demand frame accurate capture for perfect AV sync, and with Intensity you get the benefits of fully digital video and audio direct to disk, for accuracy, and quality!
- Analog Video Input: Component, NTSC, PAL or S-Video.
- Analog Video Output: Component, NTSC, PAL or S-Video.
- HDMI Video Input: 1 x HDMI type A connector
- HDMI Video Output: 1 x HDMI type A connector
- Analog Audio Input: 2 Channel RCA HiFi audio in 24 bit.
- Analog Audio Output: 2 Channel RCA HiFi audio in 24 bit.
- HDMI Audio Input: 2 Channels.
- HDMI Audio Output: 2 Channels.
- SPDIF Audio Output: 2 Channel 24 bit.
- Dual Rate support: HDMI and Analog Component switches between high definition and standard definition.
- Device Control: None. FireWire may be used for controlling some cameras.
- Supported HDMI Formats: 525 NTSC, 625 PAL, 720HD and 1080HD switchable.
- Computer Interface: PCI Express 1 lane, compatible with 1, 4, 8 and 16 lane PCIe slots.
- SD Format Support: 625i/50 PAL and 525i/59.94 NTSC.
- HD Format Support: 1080i50, 1080i59.94, 1080i60, 1080p23.98, 1080p24, 1080p25, 1080p29.97, 1080p30, 720p50, 720p59.94 and 720p60.
- HDMI Video Sampling: 4:02:02
- HDMI Audio Sampling: Television standard sample rate of 48 kHz and 24 bit.
- HDMI Color Space: YUV 4:2:2
- HDMI Color Precision: 4:02:02
- Copy Protection: HDMI input is unable to capture from copy protected HDMI sources. Always confirm copyright ownership before capture or distribution of content.
- Colorspace Conversion: Hardware based real time.
- HD Down Conversion: Software based down conversion during video playback.
- HD Up Conversion: Real time standard definition to 1080HD and 720HD during video capture.
- Real Time Effects: Apple Final Cut ProT internal effects. Adober Premiere Pror Mercury Playback Engine effects. Avid Media Composer internal effects.
- Software Included: Media Express, Disk Speed Test, Blackmagic System Preferences and Blackmagic driver.
- Internal Software Upgrade: Firmware built into software driver. Loaded at system start, or via updater software.
- Physical Installation: PCI Express 1 lane, compatible with 1,4,8,16 lane PCI Express slots on Mac OS X, Windows 7 and Linux. Please check the Support pages to see the full system requirements.
- Operating System Compatibility: Compatible with Microsoft Windows 7, Apple Mac OS X and Linux.
- Product Warranty: 12 Months Limited Warranty.