Broadcast Accurate Waveform Monitoring for your Studio or Notebook PC!
Get all the incredible features of UltraScope on your laptop! Pocket UltraScope includes the same fantastic UltraScope software combined with a miniature pod that converts 3 Gb/s SDI to the computer’s USB 3.0 connection. Pocket UltraScope simply plugs in and is accurate and portable, so you can bring UltraScope to the most remote locations. Pocket UltraScope automatically detects between SD, HD and 3Gb/s HD-SDI video standards, and is powered from the laptop battery via the USB 3.0 port so you don’t need a power source when on location!
Elegant and Engineering Accurate
If you're tired of hard to use and ugly waveform monitoring, then you'll love Blackmagic UltraScope. We have included all the features you need when editing or color correcting, and then, combined it with an elegant user interface that looks great when added to your studio! Simply plug into any compatible Windows™ computer with a 24 inch monitor, and Blackmagic UltraScope will display 6 live scope views simultaneously! UltraScope is engineering accurate and includes 3 Gb/s SDI plus 3 Gb/s optical fiber SDI. The new Pocket UltraScope plugs into USB 3.0 computers and is perfect for portable notebook use, and it even powers via USB from your notebook battery.
Parade Display for Colorists
When color correcting video, nothing beats the real time RGB parade waveform view. You can see the color balance in blacks, mids and whites, so it's easy to balance colors and get your images looking perfect. RGB Parade is also perfect for checking for illegal colors because any video that drops below the black line, or above the 100% line is an illegal RGB color. Parade can also be switched to component so you can align equipment and decks.
Waveform Display for Alignments
When adjusting video levels or matching black background levels when keying, the waveform display is ideal for this task! Waveform view has a setting that's luminance only or composite. Composite video is synthesized from the SDI input, and is a much better view for aligning traditional equipment such as decks. Thousands of editors know and understand composite waveform monitors, so even though UltraScope is all digital, the synthesized composite waveform makes life a lot easier!
Component Vectorscope View
A vectorscope is the only way to see what color you have. When color correcting video, sometimes you need to know color has been removed or nulled out for accurate white balance, and vectorscope view is perfect. Sometimes when color correcting you also need to apply a tint, and vectorscope lets you see exactly how much tint you're adding, and what color it is. Sometimes monitors cannot be trusted, but a vectorscope always shows the colors you have! Of course aligning hue on decks is always easy with vectorscope view!
Histogram for Location Shoots
Almost all video need to be color corrected at some point in the post production process, and so you never want to clip video whites or blacks when on a live shoot. If you clip the blacks and whites, you loose all detail later in post production when you try to adjust blacks up or whites down. Histogram view lets you see where the pixels are in your video, and how they are distributed from black to white. You can see if video is clipping, and then it's easy to adjust the camera to keep all black and white detail in the image. Later in post production you then have the full contrast range of video for easy color correction that lets you keep all details no matter how extreme the color grade is!
Audio view for Monitoring Levels
Keep track of your audio levels at all times with 8 channels of audio metering, plus a stereo phase meter. The stereo phase meter plots left and right audio, as an XY scope display so you know exactly what your audio is at all times. Audio scope lets you see mono audio, as you see a vertical line, or when you hav
e stereo audio you will see the scope puff out in all directions! Audio problems are easily seen such as clipping, and out of phase audio can be seen as a left or right leaning display. If you don't get a perfect vertical waveform, then you know you audio channel balance is out! No audio problem can hide from audio scopesSpecifications:
- SDI Video Input: 1 x 10 bit SD, HD and 3 Gb/s HD switchable.
- SDI Audio Input: 8 channel embedded in SD and HD.
- AES/EBU Audio Input: Standard definition SDI, high definition SDI and 3G-SDI.
- SD Format Support: 625/25 PAL and 525/29.97 NTSC.
- HD Format Support: 720p50, 720p59.94, 720p60, 1080i50, 1080i59.94,1080i60, 1080p23.98, 1080p24, 1080p25,1080p29.97, 1080p30, 1080p50, 1080p59.94, 1080p60, 1080PsF23.98,1080PsF24, 1080PsF25, 1080PsF29.97, 1080PsF30.
- SDI Compliance: SMPTE 424M, 259M and 292/296M.
- SDI Metadata Support: VITC and RP-188 timecode.
- Audio Sampling: Television rate of 48kHz and 24 bit.
- Video Sampling 4:2:2
- Color Precision: 10-bit
- Color Space 4:2:2 YUV
- Computer Interface: USB 3.0. Requires a computer with a USB 3.0 interface. Will not work with USB 2.0.
- Colorspace Conversion: Hardware based real time.
- Scopes: Waveform, Vectorscope, RGB Parade, YUV Parade, Histogram, Logging audio phase and level.
- Software Included: Blackmagic UltraScope and Blackmagic UltraScope driver.
- Internal Software Upgrade
- Firmware built into software driver. Loaded at system start or via updater software.
- Physical Installation: USB 3.0. Please see the full system requirements for Windows.
- Power: Powered by USB 3.0 port
- Pocket UltraScope
- Software CD