Gefen EXT-DSC Digital Signage Creator
The Gefen Digital Signage Creator (DSC) product provides infinite possibilities to digital signage designers. Based on an SVG (Scaled Vector Graphics) design and web template concepts, this compact product is limited only by the creativity and imagination of its user. The Digital Signage Director (DSD) software that comes with the DSC unit is flexible, easy to use, and allows control over every aspect of the player's behavior. Importable content includes not only simple video and audio files, but RSS feeds for news, weather, public announcements and live video streams. Scheduling of playlists and management of all the timing functions are also included with native support for iCal.
The unit's built-in web server grants direct access to any licensed user for the manipulation of each individual feature and advanced configurations. Output resolutions are supported up to 720p (1280x720) with both VGA and HDMI outputs. Two channel analog audio is also supported for connection to an external amplified audio device. The sleek form factor will allow placement of each unit behind the display or concealed nearby.
An integrated USB 2.0 port can be utilized for additional storage space or the usage of interactive touch screens and mice. By attaching a USB flash drive or external HDD the available storage is enlarged automatically by the operating system. Scheduling updates can be automatically enabled, allowing the unit to pull a new schedule from a LAN or WAN source at specified intervals for a completely maintenance-free solution. Simply create a new schedule and upload it to the location that each unit will search for when looking for updates. Advanced functions are available, such as RS-232 control of external devices and multi-screen video wall distribution.
How It Works
Connecting the Gefen Digital Signage Creator to a network is as simple as plugging in an Ethernet cable. The integrated Bonjour service automatically configures the DSC to work on any network. Once a unit is configured it will become accessible to any locally networked PC running the Digital Signage Director (DSD) software. The DSD softare runs on Windows XP, Vista, and Windows 7. The DSD software opens an entire world of possibilities to the end user, where a completely blank canvas can be created to suit the needs of the digital signage professional.
Creative users will be able to harness the advanced scheduling and content management to design a maintenance-free solution. Once the desired content is created, content can be published to each DSC unit in either a push or pull type scenario.
The small size of the DSC product makes for easy installation, either hidden or mounted to a display. Simply connect the DSC product to a display and to the network, create and publish content, then benefit from years of reliable playback.
- Comprehensive software suite which includes content creation and management features
- Built-in layout templates that quickly allows users to get a project started
- Selectable output resolutions supporting 4x3 and 16x9, 16x10 computer and HDTV to 720p
- Supports both horizontal and vertical display types
- Direct iCal support for scheduling
- Multiple content publishing options (local and remote)
- Built-in HTTP Web server for managment from any browser
- Natively supports multiple Web streaming formats including RSS and ASX
- Serial RS-232 port for two way control of external mice and interactive devices
- Compact form-factor for easy placement
- Internal storage: 1.5GB solid state
- Expandable storage capacity via USB 2.0 port. (Supporting USB flash drive or HDD)
- Only 2W of power making this a "Green" energy saving product
- Two Channel L/R Audio output
- VGA port supporting 1024x768
- HDMI port supporting 1280x720 720p
- On/Off reset button for startover
- Aspect ratio: 16:9, 16:10, 4:3 (horizontal & vertical)
- Maximum resolution: 1280x720 (16:9), 1024x640 (16:10), 1024x768 (4:3)
- Video output: 720p (HD-Ready), 576p, 480p, VGA; 50 or 60 fps
- Video connectors: HDMI (incl. digital audio), VGA (DB15 HD connector).
- Simultaneous use of HDMI and VGA outputs
- Description language: SVG Tiny 1.2+ (Scalable Vector Graphics)
- Media synchronization: SMIL 2.1 (Synchronized Multimedia Integration Language)
- Still image formats: JPEG, PNG, GIF, SVG
- Supported video codecs: Up to SD resolution: MPEG-4 ASP, MPEG-2, MPEG-1, H.264, MJPEG, Microsoft VC-1 (Windows Media Video 9)
- Supported audio codecs: MPEG audio layer 1/2/3 (MP3), ITU G.711, G.722, G.729, PCM, Microsoft WMA, Real Audio
- Media container formats: AVI, WMV/WMA, VOB, AIFF, OGG, WAV
- Streaming media protocol: MMS, RTSP, RTP, SDP, HTTP; Uni- & multicast
- Import filters provided: Flash 9, Microsoft PowerPoint, BMP, TIFF, XPM, WBMP, PNM bitmaps
- Content scheduling: iCalendar (RFC2445)
- Connectivity: Ethernet 10/100 Mbit/s (RJ-45), IEEE 802.3u, 802.3x
- CPU: 1 C64x+, 1 ARM9, DaVinci Video
- Shipping Weight: 6.7 oz
- Dimensions: 4.13"W x 1.02"H x 3.27"D
- Power Supply: Locking 5V DC, typically (2W)