Press and hold the button switch on the function plate to activate the tester. Only the green LED will be lit to indicate the "open" situation on the end of the connector. This will also indicate that the batteries are active. It the green LED does not light, replace the batteries.
Slide the receiver out from the slot of the transmitter. Plug the receiver and transmitter onto each other. Press and hold the switch, the indicators will display an "OK" situation.
To test, slide the receiver from the slot of the transmitter. Plug the receiver and transmitter on each end of the testing coaxial cable. Press and hold the switch; the LED indicator on the transmitter will display the test result as follows:
1. "OK", Two LED's (red and green) will blink alternately.
2. "Short", Two LED's will both lite up constantly.
3. "Open", Only the green LED will light up.
Relieve the switch to turn off the tester. Slide the receiver back to the slot of the transmitter for storage.
If the LED indicators become weak or sluggish in performance, the batteries should be replaced. The procedure is as follows:
1. Slide the receiver out to locate the battery door on the transmitter side.
2. Slide the battery door and replace with 2-1.5 volts AG13 Button Call batteries. Observe the correct polarity. The positive port is toward the face of the LED's.
3. Slide the battery door in place.
Important: - Do not connect the CT-6ST cable tester to a live cable