The 6-in-1 Swizz Army is the professional's choice for multifunction cable testers. It displays the exact wiring of any cable or adapter and even allows testing of cables installed inside building walls. Intermittent detection allows you to wiggle a cable like crazy and know if an intermittent connection exists at any time - even if you didn't see the LEDs change.
With the added functions of test tone generation (Switchable 1KHz or 440Hz at -4dBu, -10dBV & Mic Levels), phantom power detect and grounded XLR shield detect, the Swizz Army is the perfect utility for every studio or field application. Runs on two AA batteries (not included) and has built in belt clip.
Included Connectors: XLR, 1/4" (TS or TRS), RCA, 1/8" (TS or TRS), TT & MIDI
Ebtech SWIZZ-CT Swizz Army Features:
1) Wiring Display: Clearly shows which pin is wired to what as well as showing continuity, opens and shorts for each pin. This is also perfect for determining custom/adapter wiring - such as XLR to 1/4", 1/8" to stereo dual RCA, etc....
2) Intermittent Detect and Display: Displays intermittent information until you reset it! Clearly shows where the problem is and what type of defect it is.
3) Installed Cable Testing: Great for diagnosing cables that are inside building walls.
4) Test Tone Generation: Generates a 1kHz (440Hz) tone at 44dBu, -10dBV and mic levels.
5) Phantom Power Detect: Displays when a DC voltage present on Pin 2 (tip) and Pin 3 (ring).
6) Grounded Shield Detect: Show if XLR connector shield is connected to Pin 1 (grounded).