The Discrete 8 Pro SC introduces Antelope Audio's latest software features and allows studio owners, bands, and recording engineers to record with legendary sound quality. With blazing-fast Thunderbolt 3 and USB 2.0, ultra-low latency performance, and even better effects processing capabilities, the audio interface is worthy of carrying the name of the model that first introduced us to the Synergy Core technology.
Uncompromising A/D & D/A conversion and clocking
The A-D/D-A converters and signal clocking are at the heart of every studio. The Discrete 8 Pro has been upgraded with latest generation converters (up to 130dB of headroom) and Antelope Audio's proprietary 64-bit AFCT clocking. With the interface in your rack, you can experience a new level of detail in your recordings and enjoy wider soundstage for an exceptional stereo image in audio playback.
The key to transparent recordings
Antelope Audio's discrete preamps topology is a descendant of the great console preamps of the time. Designed using a combination of transistors, the Discrete preamps result in maximum noise reduction and, most importantly, precise sound capture for most transparent recordings.
Extensive connectivity for your entire studio
The Discrete 8 Pro SC offers impressive analog and digital I/O in one rack space. Eight mic/line inputs, two instrument inputs, eight DC-coupled line outputs on D-Sub 25, two reamp outputs, a pair of monitor outputs, two headphone outputs, ADAT and S/PDIF I/O are at your disposal. For your computer connection, you have USB 2.0 & Thunderbolt 3 ports. All I/O is available at any time and can be used simultaneously without the need to change setups, making it easy to work on multiple sessions.
Push the FX processing further
The 37 effects coming with Discrete 8 Pro are modeled after iconic studio equipment and can be applied in real-time during monitoring, post-production, and live recording. The analog-modeled compressors, EQs and preamps, are processed with near zero latency entirely inside the interface, putting zero load on your host CPU. The onboard Synergy Core contains the processing power of a complex multi-rack setup which enables you to load effects on up to 16 channel strips - this is double the available channel strips compared to the original Discrete 8 SC.
At any time, you can expand your collection by purchasing more analog-modeled effects such as Grove Hill's Liverpool, and 3rd party effects like Antares' Auto-Tune.
Expansive feature set
The virtual routing patch-bay on the Discrete 8 Pro streamlines the routing process and even adds creative possibilities. Apart from the intuitive routing, the software control panel allows you to create presets, quickly configure mixes, and more. With the enhanced processing, you can now add effects on every input source.
Discrete 8 Pro Synergy Core comes with 37 effects included:
- 2 Preamps (Gyraf Gyratec IX, BA-31)
- 4 Equalizers (incl. VEQ-1A, VMEQ-5)
- 5 Compressors & Limiters (incl. Stay-Levin, FET-A76, VCA160)
- 22 Guitar Amps & Cabs (incl. Bluelux 1x12, Tube Guitar Amp)
- 2 Special Processing Effects (Expander, Noise Gate)
- 1 Reverb Effect (Auraverb)
- 1 Guitar Tuner (A-Tuner)
Full list of effects:
- Gyraf Gyratec IX - Dual Tube Mic Preamp with HPF
- VCA160 - VCA Compressor / Limiter
- Stay-Levin - Vari-Mu Tube Compressor
- FET-A76 - FET Compressor / Limiting Amplifier
- VEQ-1A - 2-Band Tube EQ
- VMEQ-5 - 3-Band Tube Mid-Range EQ
- X903 - VCA Compressor / Limiter
- PowerFFC - Feed-Forward Compressor
- Clear Q - Parametric EQ
- Power EX - Expander
- VEQ-HLF - Tube 2-Band HPF / LPF
- Auraverb - Reverb
- BA-31 - Germanium Mic Preamp
- Power Gate - Noise Gate
- A-Tuner - Guitar Tuner
- Plexi 59 (UK) - Tube Guitar Amp
- Bass SuperTube VR - Tube Guitar Amp
- Darkface 65 (US) - Tube Guitar Amp
- Top30 (UK) Bright - Tube Guitar Amp
- Tweed Deluxe (US) - Tube Guitar Amp
- Overange 120 (UK) - Tube Guitar