The 780 Handheld Test Instrument for HDMI is a battery-powered, portable video and audio generator and HDMI analyzer that enables you to conduct quick, on-site verification testing and troubleshooting of your HDMI system and analog video displays. The 780 is equipped with both a reference HDMI source and a reference HDMI sink interface allowing you to test audio, video and HDMI protocols-HDCP, EDID, CEC & infoframes-of any type of HDMI device: sources, repeaters and sinks.
You can use the 780 as a test pattern generator for calibrating your high definition TVs. The 780 is equippped with a variety of standard patterns and formats including deep color and HDMI 3D formats.
Because the 780 has both an HDMI output and an HDMI input, you can test your HDMI cables and systems with splitters, extenders and switches even when already installed on site using the (NEW!) Frame Compare feature.
The 780 can also be equipped with the optional Auxiliary Channel Analyzer utility for monitoring the DDC (HDCP and EDID) transactions and hot plug events using the 780's feature. There are two options, one for monitoring while emulating an HDMI source and/or sink and a second option for monitoring passively an HDMI network comprised of an HDMI source, repeater and sink.
The 780's portability makes it ideal for your bench and for use in the field. A color touch display makes the 780 easy and convenient to use and when testing a source device you can view the incoming video image and metadata on the built-in LCD.Features:
- Battery powered for portability. Device is powered via internal batteries or externally via an AC charger.
- Video pattern testing. Test a display's HDMI and analog component inputs with all the necessary standard timings to ensure that it can render video test patterns including deep color and (NEW!)HDMI 3D patterns. Over 25 video patterns supported. Add custom bitmaps. Create your own custom formats. Scroll bitmap patterns to test for motion artifacts.
- HDMI audio testing. Send audio patterns, tones & noise through HDMI, SPDIF or Optical digital audio outputs. Program audio parameters such as sampling rate, bit depth and channels. Use a variety of audio formats including LPCM, Dolby, DTS and high bit rate audio formats such as Dolby TrueHD and DTS Master Audio.
- HDMI analyzer for sources. Emulate a known-good HDMI sink device to analyze HDMI video and audio content from an HDMI source device with HDCP content protection. View the incoming video images and metadata from an HDMI source device on the LCD display even when content is protected with HDCP.
- Installer Utility to quickly diagnose HDMI interoperability problems through an automated and simplified interface. Run tests upstream toward the source, downstream toward the sink or test both upstream and downstream simultaneously with the "Link" test. The utility also enables you to test on both sides of a repeater.
- HDMI 1.3 video/audio output - Pattern testing-including deep color-for HDMI inputs on HDTVs 24/30/36 bit at 1080p.
- HDMI 1.4a 3D Pattern Generation - Supports Side-by-Side, Top-and-Bottom and Frame Packing 3D format structure.
- Analog component video output - Pattern testing for analog component inputs on HDTVs.
- Custom formats and bitmap patterns - Create custom formats using Format Editor tool. Import your bitmaps for pattern testing.
- Test pattern scrolling - Animated test pattern for testing motion artifacts.
- Multichannel digital audio - Test multichannel audio over HDMI, SPDIF, Optical with audio patterns at sampling rates up to 192kHz. Test HDMI audio formats such as Dolby and DTS.
- Color touch screen - view incoming video - User friendly color touch screen 480(H) x 272(V)Enables you to operate the instrument and view incoming video and metadata from an HDMI source.
- Installer Utility - Diagnose HDMI interoperability problems with simplified test interface. Verify sources, sinks, repeaters with "one button" tests. Pass/fail results provided.