The Blackmagic Design ATEM 2 M/E Production Switcher is a 3 RU-high, 16-source switcher that accepts 16 10-bit HD/SD-SDI inputs and one HDMI input for a total of 16 simultaneous inputs, each with a frame synchronizer. The ATEM 2 M/E Switcher comes with a software control panel, and it's also compatible with the 1 M/E & 2 M/E Broadcast Panels from Blackmagic (not included).
Program outputs come in the form of SDI, analog, and HDMI, and there are six auxiliary SDI outputs. There's also USB 3.0 output for Windows systems, for directly capturing a 10-bit master to your computer. The switcher features DVE transitions, 13 keyers, two built-in media players for clips and stills, and two independent multi-view outputs, which eliminate the need for separate monitors for each source.
For the ultimate in portability, ATEM production switchers include beautifully designed control-panel software for Mac and Windows, so you can even use your switcher from your laptop. ATEM software control provides a professional M/E workflow control panel with parameter adjustments in simple-to-use palettes. You can manage the switcher media pool and set all adjustments. Switcher control includes full keyboard shortcuts. ATEM lets you start at a lower cost because you're not forced to buy a hardware control panel.
ATEM is a professional broadcast SDI switcher, with an HDMI input for flexibility. Unlike with other switchers, every video input features an automatic frame re-synchronizer, so you can plug in any device and it always works. Imagine getting started with incredible multi-camera production using the latest low-cost and high-quality HD consumer cameras! ATEM is perfect at locations where you need to adapt to the environment because it includes SDI and HDMI inputs and outputs. You can send live program output to anyone who needs it because ATEM includes six program outputs in HD-SDI, HDMI, and USB 3.0, as well as permanently downconverted SD-SDI and composite video. All ATEM models include built-in black, bars, media player, and color generator sources. The ATEM multi-viewer includes both SDI and HDMI outputs, plus you get Aux outputs for connecting to stage screens and venue monitoring. The ATEM 2 M/E model features a 16 SDI inputs and one HDMI input for a total of 16 live simultaneous inputs. There are six Aux outputs (plus a USB 3.0 Aux output) and support for two independent multi-viewers.
When you're in the middle of a busy live production, the last thing you need is to make a mistake. ATEM includes a transition preview function that's as easy to use as pushing the Preview Transition button. The Preview Transition button lets you see how the transition will look on the preview output of the switcher. Now you can see the effect before it goes on air.
For incredible character and title generation, every ATEM includes a Photoshop plug-in that lets you instantly download graphics and titles from Photoshop directly into the ATEM media pool. Imagine the moment a live event happens, you can update your Photoshop file and instantly download it into the ATEM media player: Now you can get titles on air in seconds. Because Photoshop is the standard tool for millions of graphic designers, it's easy to get help to create your own custom graphics. ATEM supports rendered stills and clip sequences from Photoshop, After Effects, Final Cut Pro, Premiere Pro, and many more programs.Features:
- (16) Total Video Inputs
- HD/SD-SDI, HDMI & Analog Audio Inputs
- HD/SD-SDI & HDMI Program Outputs
- (6) SDI Aux Outputs
- (13) Keyers
- Downconverted SDI & Composite Outputs
- (2) SDI & HDMI Multi-View Outputs
- SuperSource Compositing Engine
- ATEM Control Panel Software (Mac/PC)
- Total Video Inputs: 16
- Total Outputs: 18
- SDI Video Input: 16 x 10-bit SD/HD switchable
- Analog Video Input:
- HDMI Video Input: 1 x HDMI 1.4a 10-bit SD/HD switchable
- Audio Input: 2 Ch analog balanced XLR via breakout cable
- Analog Audio Output: 2 Ch balanced XLR via breakout cable
- SDI Audio Output: 2 Ch embedded into SDI output
- Sync Input: Tri-Sync or Blackburst
- Internal Frame Synchronizers: 16. All inputs
- SDI Program Output: 2 x 10-bit SD/HD switchable
- HDMI Program Output: "1 x HDMI 1.4a 10-bit, SD/HD switchable"
- Analog Program Output: 1 permanently down converted composite NTSC/PAL output
- Down Converted SDI Program Output: 1 x 10-bit SDI
- Down Converted Composite Program Output: 1 x NTSC/PAL
- SDI Preview Output: 1 x 10-bit SD/HD switchable
- SDI Aux. Output: 6 x 10-bit SD/HD switchable
- SDI M/E 2 Program Output: 1 x 10-bit SD/HD switchable
- Computer Output: 1 x USB 3.0 from Aux. 1 output. Media Express for Windows included.
- Qty of Multi-View's: 2
- Outputs per Multi-View: 1 x HD-SDI and 1 x HDMI
- Control Panel Connection: "Ethernet supports 10/100/1000 BaseT. Allows direct connection between panel and chassis, or via network"
- Control Panel Included: ATEM Software Control Panel included free for Mac OS X and Windows.
- Serial Communication Output: 1 x RS-422
- Tally Output: Added via ethernet connection to Blackmagic Design GPI and Tally Interface product. (Not included.)
- GPI: Added via ethernet connection to Blackmagic Design GPI and Tally Interface product. (Not included.)
- Software Updates: Using USB connection directly connected to Mac OS X or Windows computers. Includes ATEM Switcher Utility.
- Configuration: "Set via ATEM Software Control Panel, excluding ATEM chassis IP address which is set via the ATEM Switcher Utility connected via USB to chassis."
- SD Format Support: "625/25 PAL 4:3, 525/29.97 NTSC 4:3"
- HD Format Support: "1080i50, 1080i59.94, 720p50, 720p59.94."
- SDI Compliance: "SMPTE 259M, 292M."
- Video Sampling: 4:2:2 10-bit
- Color Precision: 4:2:2 10-bit
- Color Space: 4:2:2 YUV
- HDMI Input Resolutions for Computers: "720 x 480 59.94Hz, 720 x 576 50Hz, 1280 x 720 59.94Hz 50Hz and 1920 x 1080 59.94Hz 50Hz"
- HD Down Conversion: "Built in, high quality hardware down converter always outputs to SD-SDI and composite outputs when working in HD video formats. Selectable between letterbox, anamorphic 16:9 and center cut 4:3 styles."
- Size: 3 Rack Units
- Blackmagic Design ATEM 2 M/E Production Switcher
- Breakout Cable for XLR Audio
- 1 Year Limited Warranty