AJA Video Ki Pro Mini Ultra-Portable Digital CF Recorder with Apple ProRes 422 & Avid DNxHD Video Codec Support.
Compact, lightweight and designed to fast track your footage from camera to editorial. Ki Pro Mini mounts easily to any SDI/HDMI camera and records 'ready-to-edit' ProRes 422 or Avid DNxHD footage from your camera's digital output direct to removable Compact Flash (CF) media.
10-bit, Full Raster Recording!
10-bit, 4:2:2 recording gives you 'post-ready' full quality capture while keeping file sizes manageable and storage costs low.
Lightweight and rugged, Ki Pro Mini is designed for a life in the field. The Mini Mounting Plate attaches to the sides of the Ki Pro Mini and provides almost endless mounting possibilities when used in combination with battery plates, hot shoe mounts, articulated arms and more.
Ki Pro Mini works equally well whether your gear uses SDI or HDMI or a combination of both. The SDI and HDMI outputs are always both active, making the Ki Pro Mini not just a recorder but a useful converter as well. Two XLR analog audio inputs allows on set analog audio to be recorded directly into the ProRes or DNxHD files, meaning less work in the edit to synchronize audio and video from separate sources.
Ki Pro Mini vastly extends on set capabilities for smaller productions and fast-moving shoots. For rapid playback, recorded shots can now be viewed immediately without the need for separate video assist equipment. If you're using a mobile editing system, footage from Ki Pro Mini can be edited while you're still on the set, letting you make sure you have the right shots before moving on.
Once connected to a camera, Ki Pro Mini requires minimal direct user interaction. Record start/stop operation can be triggered automatically by detecting information in the SDI signal or by using a separate LANC control on properly equipped cameras. Ethernet connectivity of Ki Pro Mini allows control and configuration to be performed via web browser at distances up to 100 feet. Networking multiple Ki Pro Mini units together, means they can all be controlled from a single interface and locked together for gang recording, status monitoring and playback.
AJA's Ki Pro Mini was designed as a miniature field recorder for creating "ready- to-edit" professional digital video. Ki Pro Mini supports an Apple "file-based" workflow by recording standard Apple ProRes 422 QuickTime files on industry standard Compact Flash (CP) media. When removed, Compact Flash cards function as standard HFS drives when connected to a Mac computer via any standard off the shelf Compact Flash reader.
Ki Pro Mini's multi-purpose mechanical design and small form factor allow flexibility in mounting to the camera or tripod using industry standard mounting plates or shoe adapters. An optional Ki Pro Mini mounting plate offers a wide variety of bolt patterns for mating either side of the unit with virtually any camera accessory bracket.
Control options are flexible, with front panel and web browser interfaces provided (Ethernet 10/100/1000 via an RJ45 connector).
Ki Pro Mini Options
Mounting Plate - This option plate allows you to mount Ki Pro Mini to 3rd-party devices. The plate can be attached to the Ki Pro mini via 4 supplied screws; plates can be attached to either or both sides of Ki Pro Mini. A large number of screw holes in the plate allows you to mate Ki Pro Mini to 3rd-Party battery plates, hot-shoe adapters and other mounting applications.
Tabletop Ki Pro Mini Stand and Adapter Cable - This stand securely holds the Ki Pro Mini upright on a desk, shelf, or any flat surface. A right angle power cable is provided for easy connection between the power supply and the Ki Pro Mini.
*Download Newest Firmware Version which Now Includes Avid DNxHD Video Codec Support.HereFeatures:
- Simultaneously record to host camera and Ki Pro
- Bridge proprietary compression schemes by recording to Apple ProRes 422
- Bridge media complexity by recording to portable file-based storage
- Bridge format chaos via hardware up/down/cross-conversion
- Extend client review capabilities
- Bridge production and post-production, effectively eliminating log and capture
- Extend productive life of existing cameras
- Embrace future workflows with powerful conversion capabilities
- Follows the camera everywhere, offering a tiny footprint, support for SDI & HDMI cameras, and simple CF card storage. Smaller than some battery packs, it mounts to virtually everything.
- Extreme Portability for any shooting environment
- 10-bit full raster recording to Apple ProRes 422 SD and HD formats
- 10-bit full raster recording to AVID DNxHD formats
- Apple ProRes 422 (HQ)
- Apple ProRes 422
- Apple ProRes (LT)
- Apple ProRes (Proxy)
- Record Edit-Ready SD/HD files from any camera to Compact Flash (CF) cards
- Skip log and capture with instant mounting of native OSX media
- Professional connectivity through SD/HD SDI and HDMI I/O
- Ki Pro Mini Recorder
- AC Adapter 110/220 with 4-pin XLR connector