Affordable Professional Switcher with H.264 Encoder!
The Blackmagic Design ATEM Television Studio Production Switcher is a versatile 1 RU switcher that's a lot more powerful than you might expect at this price. For instance, live-switch a multi-camera shoot of a concert with a mix of high-definition HD-SDI- and HDMI-output camcorders - the six-input ATEM Television Studio can handle it, even applying a frame sync to each input. That means expensive genlocked cameras are simply not necessary.
The three keyers included in the ATEM Control Panel software allow you to add professional graphics such as logos and keys (the switcher features two media player frame stores). Using a green screen, you can even chroma-key a performer against a graphical background - live. Meanwhile, you can be encoding the live concert to H.264 in real time, producing a high-quality, professionally compressed HD file that will be ready for easy upload to the web the minute the show is over.
Another cost-saving feature is the multi-view output, which allows you to display up to 10 video sources on any HDMI- or HD-SDI-enabled screen. This saves not only money but also space: there's simply no need to transport and maintain a full battery of video monitors.
For all its ease of use, ATEM Television Studio also accommodates live-production operations with growth in mind. Perhaps you'll move up from HDMI to HD-SDI camcorders in the near future - the switcher is ready. Or maybe you'll want a professional hardware control panel - Blackmagic's ATEM 1 M/E and 2 M/E panels (not included) both connect to the switcher via Ethernet. In any case, the switcher's operation will be familiar to anyone with an understanding of broadcast switching. This is a professional 10-bit HD switcher that just happens to accommodate lower-budget productions with unexpected finesse.
The Internet is the television transmitter for the masses, so now ATEM Television Studio lets you do live production and simultaneously generate H.264 files for the web - all in real time. The moment your event is finished, your encoded file is ready for distribution. Imagine covering events that previously could never justify the cost of a professional multi-camera production, such as local government meetings, school productions, local sports, car racing, concerts, weddings, bands, communities, air shows, and many more.
ATEM is a truly creative solution for live switching. All transitions are instantly available via a button push on the software control panel, and they include the same cut, mix, and wipe found on traditional mixers. It's simple to load clips into the two built-in media player frame stores for exciting logos and custom titles. If you're doing green screen shoots, the ATEM keyer has you covered, with full chroma keying. Imagine loading a rendered background and using the chroma keyer for an affordable virtual set. ATEM Television Studio also includes two downstream keyers so you can add graphics such as "live" and "replay." You get professional results with the ATEM Television Studio.
- (6) Inputs - Multiple HDMI and HD/SD-SDI
- Professional M/E-Style Switcher
- Real-Time H.264 Encoding for Web Output
- HD/SD-SDI & HDMI Program Outputs
- (3) Keyers, Including Chroma Key
- SDI & HDMI Multi-View Output
- Frame Sync for Each Input
- ATEM Control Panel Software (Mac/PC)
- Tally Output: Added via ethernet connection to Blackmagic Design GPI and Tally Interface product. (Not included.)
- Total Video Inputs: 6
- Total Outputs: 6
- SDI Video Input: 4 x 10-bit SD/HD switchable. 2 channel embedded audio.
- Analog Video Input: None
- HDMI Video Input: 4 x HDMI type A, 10-bit SD/HD switchable. 2 channel embedded audio.
- Analog Audio Output: None
- SDI Audio Output: 2 Ch embedded into SDI output
- Audio Input: 1 x AES/EBU. Unbalanced via BNC connector
- Sync Input: Tri-Sync or Blackburst
- Internal Frame Synchronizers: 6. All inputs
- SDI Program Output: 2 x 10-bit SD/HD switchable
- HDMI Program Output: 1 x HDMI type A, 10-bit SD/HD switchable
- Analog Program Output: None
- Down Converted SDI Program Output: None
- Down Converted Composite Program Output: None
- SDI Preview Output: None
- SDI Aux. Output: None
- Computer Output: 1 x USB 2.0 H.264 encoded from program output. Media Express for Mac OS X and Windows included.
- Qty of Multi-View's: 1
- Outputs per Multi-View: 1 x HD-SDI and 1 x HDMI
- Control Panel Connection: Ethernet supports 10/100/1000 BaseT. Allows direct connection between panel and chassis, or via network.
- Control Panel Included: ATEM Software Control Panel included free for Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion, Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks or later and Windows 7 64-bit or Windows 8 32-bit or 64-bit.
- Serial Communication Output: None
- Software Updates: Using USB connection direcly connected to Mac OS X or Windows computers. Includes ATEM Switcher Utility.
- Configuration: Set via ATEM Software Control Panel, excluding ATEM chassis IP address which is set via the ATEM Switcher Utility connected via USB to chassis.
- SD Format Support: 625/25 PAL 4:3, 525/29.97 NTSC 4:3
- HD Format Support: 1080i50, 1080i59.94, 720p50, 720p59.94.
- SDI Compliance: SMPTE 259M, 292M.
- Video Sampling: 4:2:2 10-bit
- Color Precision: 4:2:2 10-bit
- Color Space: 4:2:2 YUV
- HDMI Input Resolutions for Computers: 720 x 480 59.94Hz, 720 x 576 50Hz, 1280 x 720 59.94Hz 50Hz and 1920 x 1080 59.94Hz 50Hz
- Audio Mixer: 7 input x 2 channel mixer.
- Selectable On/Off/Audio-Follow-Video.
- Level and Peak metering.
- Master gain control.
- Processing Delay: 1 Line
- Colorspace Conversion: Hardware based real time.
- HD Down Conversion: None
- Blackmagic Design ATEM Television Studio Production Switcher
- 12V/2.5A Power Supply with International Plugs
- 1 Year Limited Warranty