The world's leading standards converter lets you
move between hundreds of video formats instantly!
Teranex is the world renowned standards convertor with incredible virtually transparent quality! Broadcast masters are converted with full quality allowing worldwide distribution. Teranex is perfect for live production and, with the built-in ThunderboltT port, can also be used for cleaning and converting content for authoring as well as video capture and playback for editing, design and effects! Teranex is the perfect video converter, standards converter and capture and playback tool all in one!
Teranex simply provides more conversion than any other solution. It includes extremely high quality de-interlacing, up conversion, down conversion, SD and HD cross/standards conversion, automatic cadence detection and removal even with edited content, noise reduction, adjustable scaling and aspect ratio conversion. All with full timecode and multi-channel audio conversion. Also includes 3D dual channel conversion, patent pending 3D simulation and 3D camera rig alignment!
With the ability to convert from virtually any television format to any other television format at the highest quality, Teranex has hundreds of uses in any broadcast and post production facility. Use Teranex for general conversion as well as protecting decks, transmitters/encoders and switchers from video standards they don't support simply by installing Teranex before the video input! Add Teranex into OB vehicles to synchronize and convert video feeds, even in 3D!
Advanced SIMD technology developed and patented by Teranex allows instant calculations on thousands of pixels simultaneously in X, Y positions and between video frames, so you get true super computer imaging power. Processing is applied within the frame and between frames all at the same time, so you get better de-interlacing, inter-frame interpolation and noise reduction. This is why Teranex conversions are indistinguishable from the original master!
Advanced Processing Power
Teranex 2D and 3D Processors feature patented processing technology for the highest quality conversion between video standards, frame rates and resolutions. The incredible power of Teranex processing includes; Up Conversion, Down Conversion, SD/HD Cross Conversion, SD/HD Standards Conversion, Cadence Detect and Remove, Noise Reduction, Adjustable Scaling, Aspect Radio Conversion, Smart Aspect, Converts Timecode, Includes 16 Channel Audio, 3D Camera Align, 3D Dual Channel Standards Conversion, 3D Simulation.
When working in high end formats such as 4:4:4 and 3D, the Teranex 3D Processor includes dual SD/HD and 3 Gb/s SDI input and output for dual link 4:4:4 as well as single link 3 Gb/s SDI 4:4:4. The dual channels also allow true full resolution left and right eye 3D processing where both eyes are converted at the same time in perfect sync! When running true full resolution dual stream 3D, the HDMI connection and Thunderbolt capture and playback support dual stream 3D via the single cable.
- SDI Video Input: : 2 x 10-bit SD, HD, 3Gb/s HD and 2K switchable. Usable as dual link HD-SDI for 4:2:2 or 4:4:4 connection or 3 Gb/s for HD-SDI 4:4:4 or 2K. Also usable for dual stream 3D HD-SDI.
- SDI Video Loop: : 2 x reclocked 10-bit SD, HD, 3Gb/s HD and 2K switchable.
- SDI Video Output: : 2 x 10-bit SD, HD, 3Gb/s HD and 2K switchable. Usable as dual link HD-SDI for 4:2:2 or 4:4:4 connection or 3 Gb/s for HD-SDI 4:4:4 or 2K. Also usable for dual stream 3D HD-SDI.
- Analog Video Input: : 1 x Component YUV on 3 BNCs switchable to Composite. Component supports HD and SD.
- Analog Video Output: : 1 x Component YUV on 3 BNCs switchable to Composite. Component supports HD and SD.
- HDMI Video Input: : 1 x HDMI type A connector including 3D frame packing support
- HDMI Video Output: : 1 x HDMI type A connector including 3D frame packing support
- Analog Audio Input: : 2 Channels of professional balanced analog audio via XLR connectors (shared with AES/EBU Audio Input). 2 x inputs of unbalanced analog audio on RCA connectors for consumer equipment.
- Analog Audio Output: : 2 Channels of professional balanced analog audio via XLR connectors (shared with AES/EBU Audio Output).
- AES/EBU Audio Input: : 4 Channels of professional balanced AES/EBU audio via XLR connectors (shared with Analog Audio Input).
- AES/EBU Audio Output: : 4 Channels of professional balanced analog audio via XLR connectors (shared with Analog Audio Output).
- SDI Audio Input: : 16 channels in SD, HD and 2K. (16 channels in HD and 2K, and 8 channels in SD for capture via Thunderbolt port)
- SDI Audio Output: : 16 channels in SD, HD and 2K. (16 channels in HD and 2K, and 8 channels in SD for playback via Thunderbolt port)
- HDMI Audio Input: : 8 Channels
- HDMI Audio Output: : 8 Channels
- Dolby Support Built-In: : Dolbyr E/AC-3 pass through with same frame rates
- Dolby Support Optional: : Dolbyr E/AC-3 support in frame rate conversions with the optional Dolbyr E/AC-3 decode and encode modules. Dolby metadata support using RS-485 on DB-9.
- Timecode Input: : 1 x XLR for LTC Input
- Timecode Output: : 1 x XLR for LTC Output
- Multi Rate Support: : SDI and component analog video connections are switchable between standard definition and high definition. SDI switches between 270 Mb/s standard definition SDI, 1.5 Gb/s HD-SDI and 3 Gb/s HD and 2K SDI. HDMI connections are switchable between standard definition, high definition and 3D high definition with frame packing.
- Sync Input: : Blackburst in SD or TriSync HD.
- Device Control: : SonyT compatible RS-422 deck control port. Serial ports TxRx direction-reversible under software control.
- Computer Interface: : Thunderbolt port for capture and playback of video and audio.
- USB 2.0 mini B port for software updates and configuration.
- Processor Interface: : Illuminated pushbuttons, status LEDs and LCD with easy onscreen menus.
- Power: : 2 x built-in international AC power supplies with IEC C14 inlets for failover redundancy. 100-240V, 50-60Hz.