A Flexiverter is an ultra-compact box with a main format, dual power supply and a slot for a switchable AUX board, which adds the conversion format to the FLX unit. At the moment 5 FLX units and 10 AUX boards are available.
Format combinations provide the most common conversions with improved features and unique pairings
(e. g. AES50 <> Dante, Dante <> Dante SRC, Dante <> AVB).
The Flexlink Connection
The FlexLink connection is designed to connect two Flexiverters, or one Flexiverter with the Multiverter. It provides:
- 192x192 channels bi-directional transmission of 24-bit uncompressed audio (fully transparent to AES3 compatible metadata bits)
- Super-low link latency of 4 samples
- Dedicated, high-quality reference clock signal with automatic configuration
- Power supply for connected devices (to reduce cabling), alternatively serves as redundancy scheme when both devices are powered: in case
of power failure, both devices keep working from the remaining power supply.
- Uses standard HDMI cables (with locking screws), to provide easy field replacement in case of defects.
The Flexiverter FLX-AES50 is the main format 96 x 96 channel EAS/EBU converter that converts between the built-in AES50 interface and the Aux Card.