6 x outputs automatically match the SD, HD and 3 Gb/s SDI video input unless up, down, cross and/or standards conversion is enabled.
Build your SDI studio with the worlds most advanced and easy to use converters! Only Mini Converters include auto SD/HD switching, redundant input, AES/EBU and analog audio on standard 1/4 inch jack connections, combined with advanced 3 Gb/s SDI technology. There's 9 great models to choose from depending on the conversion you need, plus a sync generator model!
Mini Converter UpDownCross provides an easy way to convert between SD and HD video formats as it includes a full up, down and cross conversion, as well as full NTSC/PAL standards conversion. Works at the highest 10 bit SDI video quality, with superior multi tap image filtering and processing.
Auto Switching SD and HD
Mini Converters instantly switch between standard definition and high definition video formats and changeover is automatic when the video input changes. A huge range of video standards are supported including, NTSC, PAL, 1080i/59.94, 1080i/50, 1080psf/23.98, 1080psf/24, 720p/59.94 and 720p/50 formats, plus new formats can be added via USB.
Redundant SDI Input
Mini Converters feature a unique redundant input for mission critical tasks such as broadcast or live events. You can connect a redundant cable to the second input, so if the main input is lost due to cable damage or any other cause, Mini Converter will automatically switch over to the redundant input cable. This lets you use Mini Converters in locations where crowds or the environment might cause cable damage, or lets you place Mini Converters in hard to reach locations such as roof mounted video projectors. A loop though SDI output is also provided for connecting to other devices. A loop-thru SDI connection is also great if you need more than 2 audio channels, as you can connect the loop-thru to another Mini Converter to de-embedd extra audio channels!
New 3 Gb/s SDI Technology
Only Mini Converters include the latest 3 Gb/s SDI technology and upgrades can be loaded via the built in USB connection for future video format compatibility. 3 Gb/s SDI is also fully compatible with all your standard definition and high definition SDI equipment.
Built in AES/EBU or Analog Audio
Standard 1/4 inch jacks are built in for balanced analog or AES/EBU audio. Because Mini Converters use standard 1/4 inch jack connectors for all audio connections, you can use standard cables commonly available from any pro audio store. Unlike other converters, Mini Converters don't need custom cables, as any balanced 1/4 inch jack cable can be used. Mini Converters are also unique as the same 1/4 inch jack connections can be switched between professional balanced analog audio, or AES/EBU digital audio. This means you only need one model of Mini Converter for both analog and digital audio. You can select the type of audio from one of the mini switches on the side of the Mini Converter unit. On modes with AES/EBU digital audio in, a sample rate converter lets you connect to any AES/EBU source, either synchronized, or un-syncronized. On HDMI models, you also have full access to the HDMI audio embedded in the HDMI video connection.
Mini Converters are built to highest quality standards with low SDI jitter so you get the longest SDI cable lengths combined with multiple internal power supplies for ultra low noise broadcast quality analog video and audio. Unlike other converters, Mini Converters don't use "low grade" video electronics just to save cost. Mini Converters feature the highest grade broadcast quality analog audio and video electronics. In fact, Mini Converters uses the same analog video design as our most expensive and award winning Multibridge Eclipse! That means you get the highest quality, all in a very affordable and incredibly compact unit
- SDI Video Input: Switchable between SD, HD and 3 Gb/s SDI.
- SDI Video Output: 6 x outputs automatically match the SD, HD and 3 Gb/s SDI video input unless up, down, cross and/or standards conversion is enabled.
- Analog Video: None
- Analog Audio: None
- AES/EBU Digital Audio: None
- Reference Input: Blackburst and TriSync for SD & HD.
- Multi Rate Support: Auto detection of HD or standard definition SDI inputs.
- Updates and Configuration: Via USB 2.0 high speed. (480 Mb/s)
- Reclocking: Yes
- SD Format Support: 525/29.97 NTSC, 625/25 PAL
- HD Format Support: 720p50, 720p59.94, 720p60, 1080i50, 1080i59.94, 1080i60, 1080p23.98, 1080PsF23.98, 1080p24, 1080PsF24, 1080p25, 1080p29.97, 1080p30, 1080p50, 1080p59.94, 1080p60
- SDI Compliance: SMPTE 292M, SMPTE 259M, SMPTE 296M, ITU-R BT.656 and ITU-R BT.601.
- SDI Video Rates: SDI video connections are switchable between standard definition and high definition.
- SDI Video Sampling: 4:02:02
- SDI Audio Sampling: Television standard sample rate of 48 kHz and 24 bit.
- SDI Color Precision: 4:02:02
- SDI Color Space: YUV
- SDI Auto Switching: Automatically selects between SD SDI, HD-SDI and 3 Gb/s SDI.
- Analog Format Support: None
- Analog Color Space: None
- Analog Color Precision: None
- Software Control: None
- Internal Software Upgrade: Via included updater application.
- Settings Control: Mini Switches
- Format Conversion: Up, down, cross conversion and/or NTSC/PAL standards conversion.
- Power Supply: +12V universal power supply included with international socket adapters for all countries. Cable tie point.
- Power Consumption: 7.00 Watts
- Operational Voltage Range: 12V - 30V
- Product Warranty: 3 Year Limited Manufacturer's Warranty.