Filled with pro features to take on any modern production, the V-160HD sets a new standard in hybrid event switching. Connect with live audiences in Full HD with comprehensive SDI and HDMI I/O and simultaneously stream to any popular web platform via USB-C. There's also an eight-layer video effects engine, a 40-channel digital audio mixer, and integrated PTZ camera control, plus next-generation cue management and live show automation features that make tough production tasks simple. And everything's all wrapped up in a portable design with a broadcast-style interface that's easily handled by a single operator.
Hybrid to the Max
The V-160HD combines the robust hardware needed to flawlessly execute live productions with the livestreaming capabilities found in computer-based systems. While software workflows are fine for online-only events, the V-160HD delivers the pro essentials you need for both the in-person and streaming components of a live hybrid event, complete with the ability to tailor the content for each audience.
- On-demand signal processing means you never have to worry about issues like computer CPU overhead, latency, and output delay on live audience screens.
- Integrated connectivity standards like SDI, HDMI, XLR, and USB-C eliminate the need to build out costly infrastructure and conversion processes.
- The comprehensive interface provides hands-on controls that can be learned quickly by a single operator.
- Presets, macros, and advanced sequencing features let you set up and automate complex switching tasks with one touch.
HDMI and SDI Connectivity
The V-160HD supports HDMI for common A/V devices plus SDI for long cable runs and high-end cameras. Seamlessly mix eight HDMI sources and eight SDI sources in Full HD, even with mismatched frame rates and color spaces. And with built-in scalers on four of the HDMI inputs, you can easily interface with client-provided sources like computers, tablets, smartphones, gaming consoles, and legacy 4:3 devices.
Send to Multiple Destinations
With seven freely assignable outputs-including three SDI, three HDMI, and one USB-C streaming-the V-160HD puts a high-end video matrix at your command. Feed program displays, auxiliary monitors, multi-view producer displays, and the online audience at once, complete with a "clean" output left over for a recording feed.
- The 30 preset memories and powerful effects engine work together to provide seamless scene changes, including synchronizing the transition of all composition layers at the program output.
- The 100 macros go even deeper, allowing you to build and fire off complex action lists that include switching, DSK on/off, audio mixing adjustments, PTZ camera movements, and much more.
Rolands free remote control software for macOS, Windows, and iPad further enhances this workflow, providing a large graphical interface for setting up and previewing actions before you take them live.
The V-160HD's newly developed sequencer makes presets and macros even more powerful, allowing a single operator to execute perfectly timed cues with ease. Up to 1000 steps can be recorded in the sequencer, and each step can include both presets and macros. Simply set up your cues ahead of time in the sequence list and trigger them in order using the Next button on the panel.